Monday 18 May 2015

A whistle-stop tour of Cornwall - Day 1 & 2


Wow what a week. I decided to take a trip down to Cornwall for some inspiration and my feet hardly touched the ground. The journey from Durham was a little on the long side you could say, but well worth it, once the loud tunes are on and the latest audio book starts, time flies by.
The weather was beautiful most of the time and the scenery breathtaking.
Here is a little visual feast of the places I visited.
Firstly let's start with the B&B, I am so pleased that I chose 'Highcliffe' in Falmouth, it was such a funky and friendly spot run by an extremely pleasant couple Vanessa and Simon. The decor was yum and so was the breakfast!! This is the breakfast room, informal atmosphere where guests chatted away happily to each other over various culinary delights.
I have stayed in many hotels, fancy hotels, average hotels and very bog standard hotels but none have been as welcoming and lovely as this B&B.




This was the funky wallpaper covering one wall in my room.




Falmouth




Harbour 




As the sun was shining and I was only there five days I decided to go straight out on Tuesday and get snapping. First I visited Falmouth town centre then travelled to Carbis Bay which was like being in the Caribbean, the sea looked so beautiful and it was hot and sunny. I didn't stay for long as I wanted to get to St Ives before the tide was completely out. Here are a few snaps of both places.





 Carbis Bay

Yes, this is England my friend!


St Ives



My framed St Ives Print in the Whistlefish Gallery in St Ives







I loved St Ives, love the views as you walk down from the car park at the top, I did decide however as I was passing a bus on the way back if it went to my car park and Hallelujah it did, much to by relief. It was for time saving purposes as my next stop was Godrevy Lighthouse before calling it a day.



Godrevy

No comments:

Post a Comment