Sunday 4 January 2015

Looking ahead

Last year was a good year for me in many ways yet I believe the best is yet to come and am really expectant of great things this year. 
I feel excited about the direction my work is going and the way the momentum is picking up. One of the things I love about my job is going out to find inspiration for my paintings, one of my favourite places is Bamburgh, Northumberland although I have yet to do a painting of this beautiful part of the coast. 


On this particular day I have to say it was extremely wild with the sand rising up making interesting patterns. I then travelled to Stanhope then across some very bleak countryside to Blanchland, what a cute village! 



I had to of course inspect the local tea room which was really nice there is also a nice hotel 'The Lord Crewe Arms' which I have yet to try out but looks a treat.







So many quaint cottages round this area just waiting to be painted!


No comments:

Post a Comment