Thursday 30 March 2017

Studio Re-Vamp Part 3

Well, today I show you the studio complete in all its glory. I really love the shelving, simple but effective and great for creating more floor space in other areas. Changing this as allowed me to have the gallery wall and seating area. I had to do a lot of de-cluttering, artists can lean towards a hoarding habit because of 'that may come in useful someday ' syndrome!!




The mirror below was purchased by my friend for a minimal amount, it had a floral pattern on which didn't really fit with the room so I painted it and distressed slightly, looks great now and the mirror is lovely quality. Many of the items in the photos I found around the house, the old clock belonged to my grandparents and the throw and lantern lamp were from TK MAXX.




A bit of sparkle adds some warmth.

                       


I love flowers and plants dotted around.




An old button box that has been passed down. 



The shelving above my drawing board is so useful for little bits and pieces, brushes and mini paintings.
There is also a hanging rail under the shelf for pots containing my pencils, pens etc. I have various other containers for my paintbrushes. I love this mini milk churn  from 'Eddie Pebble' in Amble, perfect for use.



Here is the gallery wall, where I can display and peruse all my work before it goes out to the customer or gallery. It is so easy to use and I can swap and change them around with ease. All in all the studio works a lot better as a professional environment and it is a lot nicer to work in.  I would also like to thank my friend Manush for her input and particularly her ideas regarding use of space. It's a dream!!

No comments:

Post a Comment