Wednesday 20 May 2015

Cornwall - Day 4


Today I intended to just go to Rock and get the boat over to Padstow but then as other road signs popped up I couldn't resist visiting a few other places. 
First stop was Port Isaac, the main car park is out of the town centre which is fine on the way in but rather steep you could say on way back!
As I entered Port Isaac I stumbled across the film crewe for Doc Martin the TV serial! They didn't seem to want any extras so I went on my merry way to the lovely 'Chapel Cafe' which also had a gallery/gift shop.





Port Isaac Harbour


Wanting to make the most of my last day before travelling home I left port Isaac and drove to Rock where I boarded a small ferry sailing from Rock to Padstow.


Rock


Padstow



I loved Padstow and despite the gloomy weather report it turned out to be a beautiful day.


Stein's Patisserie


One of the locals



Smoked fish salad - lunch/Tea at Cherry Trees Cafe, Padstow Harbour




Trebetherick




I think this was my one of my favourite places if not the favourite as it was so peaceful with just a handful of people around. I am sure it is not so quiet in the summer but it really feels like a hidden gem. Sat and watched the waves for a while.





The coastal paths in Cornwall are stunning, though exhausted by this point I decided to take a walk along this one. The interesting thing about coastal paths is you just want to see around the next corner, which can make for a far longer walk than anticipated. I asked a lady along the way if it was worth going round one of these corners and she assured me it was so I kept going!!!







Glad I did to find this view with the stunning Sea Pinks which are out in May.







I kept going and came to Daymer Bay, after seeing a quaint old church in the distance I felt compelled to go there asking myself do I really want to do this?
However I am glad I did and after crossing a golf course I came to the splendid 
St Enodoc's Church. The oldest parts of the church date back to around the 12th century.





St Enodoc's Church









By the time I had been inside the church dust  I realised it was time to start walking back as it was getting late and nearly dusk. It had been a lovely day and very fruitful on the photography front. On my whistle-stop tour of Cornwall I took over 1700 photos!! I have no excuse with that amount of inspiration! I thoroughly enjoyed my Cornwall experience and realise there is so much more to see so hopefully I will be back in the not too distant future.





No comments:

Post a Comment